I wanted falcon-wing doors!!

Forums Doors I wanted falcon-wing doors!!

Keymaster

Will the Model Y ever get them?

I assume not … forcing me to continue my Model X dreaming.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      zshahan
      Keymaster

Of course, the good news is that many (most?) people wanted the normal doors on this thing.

Sigh

Paul Fosse
        Participant

Yes, I wanted normal doors for lower cost, higher reliability and faster ramping of production.

Stephen Wootten
        Participant

me too. KISS. And cheap

Charles Hall
      Participant

Well all Elon said was no Falcon Wing Doors, that leaves open the option for some new contraption, or maybe even a single FWD.

I can’t imagine a company that has 3 different door handles on their 3 car models, is all of a sudden going to try and sell us a Honda Fit.

I feel sure there will something totally novel with the Model Y.

zshahan
      Keymaster

Haha. I think the doors will end up being similar to the Model 3 doors (just taller). But agree that Tesla must have something up its sleeves for the Y. It’s the Elon way. 😀

Scott Schreck
      Participant

I have a feeling that falcon wing doors will either be an option to add or come with one of the package levels, maybe performance.

PLM_Florida
      Participant

Same here! Want falcon wing doors, can’t afford the X but would pay for them if they were an option on the Y. I am so excited for this event! Ready to buy my first Tesla!!

zshahan
        Keymaster

Totally. Would definitely be interested in paying extra for FWD if they are ever an option.

I’m slightly hopeful they will be one day, but think it’d be years. Also, not having them pushes people to the X. On the other hand, if Tesla brought down production costs on them and kept improving the tech, it seems like it would be logical to expand into Model Y FWDs.

We’ll see … but definitely don’t see them as an option for the first couple of years. ;(

Mr THOMAS
      Participant

The falcon wings were cool but not as simple and tradidionally practical. Im curious to think that it might be cool if it didn’t create bottlenecks or quality issues something like old cars had when the doors opened backward the other direction or if they can master some sick suicide doors. Maybe another model thought.I’m sure the Y’s doors are the traditional swing out style😕 for a smoother,faster, and more cost efficient ramp.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.